Thursday 25 February 2016

Meeting others in Second Life

So today I visited five locations in an attempt to talk to someone and make some friends. Ahern, London Mayfair Club and Rocket City didn't seem to have many chatty people hanging around, in fact there weren't many people there at all. People seemed reluctant to answer me. I told them that I am new to Second Life and asked about how long they had been on it and did they think it was fun and easy to make friends in Second Life. Eventually when I visited Social Island I had to opportunity to talk to many different people. A group were sitting on the couches having a conversation about artificial intelligence. They asked me about what Ireland is like and seemed very friendly.  Over all it was a positive experience.
One person stated that they love Second Life and spend all their time online. Others were having an argument with a person or more so a glowing ball of light (pictured below) who claimed to be an A.I. themselves.

Here is an example of the kind of responses I got, generally it seems people wanted to make friends and meet new people.

Has everyone been members of Second Life for a long time?
[11:39] Stephmeagher: What do people get up to on here for fun?
They do their own thing.
[11:39] KROKODIL Camel: That question has never crossed my mind before.
[11:39] KROKODIL Camel: I like to meet new people.

Below are two pictures I took on my visit to Social Island :)



No comments:

Post a Comment