Thursday 19 May 2016

Progress Report

So a few days ago myself and Gary discussed on Facebook the direction of our presentation project. We both separately wrote a script, Gary sent me his script and I combined the two so that they would flow well and be in order, we then decided to take on half of the presentation each, I will take the first 3 slides and he would take the last. I then did a quick powerpoint presentation summarising each of our sections to display to the class. I feel that we made a good team and were able to communicate easily in regard to the project. I mostly used videos to research my end of the project which I found on YouTube. Videos make things more interesting and are sometimes easier to understand than reading a complicated article. The most difficult thing about organising it was combining the two scripts and sending the files back and forth, especially since I was using a Chromebook to do everything, it was difficult to figure out how to share through Google Docs, also Gary had some images he wanted to add to the slides so I had to send the slides to him to add them and have him send it back so I can upload it. If we had of met up in person and sat there with the computer it may have been slightly easier to do things like that as opposed to sharing files online. I also didn't realize that the slides themselves had to be in jpg format so I had to format all the slides in powerpoint on a different computer so that they were suitable to upload, I couldn't fit some of the images that Gary sourced which was disappointing but thankfully it won't affect the presentation too much hopefully, he was helpful and sent the script on in good time as well as offering to help with the slides.
Gary also asked me to meet him in SL earlier that day to do a run through, we timed the presentation and found that it was working well and went according to plan. All in all it was quite easy to communicate and work together as a team by using Facebook and Google Docs.


1 comment:

  1. Good summary of the presentation of the group project and the issues around trying to collaborate online, including the difficulties thrown up by the technology! It would have been improved by the inclusion of some illustrations and some more references to your sources. Overall, well done!

    ReplyDelete