Thursday 21 April 2016

My Experience of the Consumer Economy in SL.

It is easy enough to purchase items in Second Life by teleporting to shops or by searching the items we wish to purchase. Today I decided to treat myself. Fortunately I was given a gift of some Linden Dollars, from our Second Life tutor. As we know, Second Life is created by it's users. It is interesting to see how many things are available to purchase here. I have heard in the past about many people making a career out of designing things like clothing and properties to be placed on the Second Life market. It is nice that people are interested in using their creativity to provide cool experiences for those involved in the community, allowing them to enrich their Second Life experience. If I wished I could purchase items such as a car, to explore the world more conveniently. We can use items we buy in Second Life to express our individuality, for instance by choosing certain clothing or accessories. We may also have the chance to engage in role-play by purchasing the suitable items. While I may not be able to afford a new hairstyle, or to own a car, castle or swimming pool in real life, Second Life may make it a (virtual) reality. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment